Home for the Holidays | Winter Service Workers
This time of year brings a whole new set of service workers through and around our homes. Because of the high demand in certain areas of the country, service companies may be more desperate, and often times the service work is subcontracted out.
Please think twice when you’re hiring for:
- Propane tank service
- Snow/Ice removal
- Chimney cleaning
- Christmas light installation
- Heater serviced
- Pipes bursting
Ask before you hire:
- “Do you background screen all employees, contractors, and subcontractors?”
- “Which screens do you perform?” Remember that there is no such thing as a criminal background check. Our screening criteria.
- “How often do you screen?” The best answer: Annually.
- “Which background screening company do you use?” Do some research and make sure it’s legitimate.
- This is a great time to suggest CAUSE Certification. When consumers demand it, it becomes the standard, and would eliminate the need to ask these questions when seeking service work.
The Scoop Blog for The Dallas Morning News published this blog with some more safety suggestions for the winter ahead.
Wishing you a safe and blessed Holiday season!