CAUSE Weekly Wrap Up | 11
- Bill ordering enhanced background checks to protect kids goes to governor’s desk. This is a positive step to better protecting children in need of foster homes. Full story here.
- Five Reasons Why You Should Continue to Check Your Employees’ Backgrounds. Full article here.
- MIAA referees to undergo background checks. It’s great to see Massachusetts joining 27 other states in adopting this policy. Full story here.
- Chess coach out, city supporting families. The city of Bexley has severed its ties with chess instructor F. Leon Wilson, who was arrested April 23 and charged with two counts of sexual imposition involving a minor. KNOW who is working with your children. Full story here.
- Plan would require background checks for foster parents. Full story here.
- Bus driver facing child porn charges. It’s crucial to KNOW who is working near your children. Full story here.
- Taunton officials in favor of new background-check requirement for high school referees. Full story here.
- Airport insecurity – A look into MSP Airport employees unfit to be there. Full story here.
- Uber Halts Operations In Kansas After Legislature Votes To Mandate Background Checks, Insurance Coverage. Full story here.