CAUSE Weekly Wrap Up | 06
- Lawmakers Alarmed After Convicted Murderer Goes Through TSA PreCheck Airport Screening. How secure is the TSA pre-check process really? Full story here.
- Lawsuit accuses Angie’s List of manipulating reviews. “Reviews you can trust”? It seems not. Full story here.
- Police urge parents to check child’s phone, computer after Girl Scout troop leader’s child porn arrest. Another frightening story to remind us to keep talking to our kids; asking them the right questions. Full story here.
- South Texas school district draws federal lawsuit over teacher-student sexual allegations.A 22-year-old woman who claims she was sexually assaulted by a South Texas high school band teacher while she was a student has sued the school district in federal court. Full story here.
- Colleges and Criminals, a letter to the editor, in response to this New York Times article. “Colleges have a responsibility to keep their students safe, and one way to do that is to ask about past criminal records.” Full story here.
- Uber driver arrested on sexual assault charges in Paris. Passengers are already [rightfully] concerned for their safety, and these stories are making us all uneasy. Full story here.
- US Reps Thompson, Fitzpatrick urge appropriations to strengthen criminal background check system. This is a step in the right direction. Full story here.
- Government Study on Background Checks Addresses Incomplete FBI Criminal Records. A great article written by Employee Screen IQ reporting the GAO’s findings when looking into criminal background checks. Full story here.